Reeling & Healing Midwest Is...
Reeling & Healing Midwest is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is 100% donor-supported with a 100% volunteer staff, that champions fly-fishing wellness retreats for women battling and surviving cancer.
We are proud to share that Reeling & Healing Midwest is the only fully-licensed national charitable organization offering fly-fishing retreats for women with or surviving all types of cancer, championing retreat programs for men with cancer, and focusing efforts on care givers and survivors as well.
Our mission is to provide participants with a one-of-a-kind experience, on and off the river, which renews their spirit and hope through the elements of fly fishing, nature, peer coaching, positive camaraderie and support.
- To honor the hearts our participants, volunteers, supporters and community.
- To provide a social network of support
- To honor the spirit
- To honor the earth, its waters and life
- To be 100% volunteer staffed
- To be 100% donor supported
- To offer a variety of retreat programs for women battling and surviving all cancers
- To offer retreat programs for men battling and surviving all cancers
- To offer a variety of volunteer opportunities
- To be heart-centered with a firm foundation
- To promote conservation and environmental awareness
- To maintain our licensing, tax-exempt status and fiscal responsibility
- To offer and support retreat programs for care givers, co-survivors, family and friends.
- To have fun
- To FISH ON!
Cathy Sero, President, Reeling & Healing Midwest
Reeling & Healing Midwest
4410 S. Sweetwater
Branch, MI 49402
1400 N. State Pkwy
Chicago, IL 60610
In Their Own Words
"The women, the river, the laughter, the tears, the fun, the food...the best! I cannot begin to share what it means to me. I can only smile and feel the warmth that I'll keep in my heart and mind always."